The European funded project has launched an open call to recruit design thinking experts with a background in circular economy
C-VoUCHER combines design and technology to create competitive, innovative business models with a circular economy approach for European SMEs in 5 pre-selected industries (Manufacturing, Agro-Food, Textile, Maritime and Health) in which designers will apply the design thinking methodology to support SMEs turn linear value chains into circular ones.
Designers-in-Residence (DiR) will be selected to work with C-VoUCHER beneficiary SMEs (1-on-1 mentoring) during a 9-month Circularity Programme and a 3-month Value Chain Replication Programme. They will also be expected to help SMEs analyze their current business model and value chains in order to develop new sustainable ones with the objective of optimizing the use of resources in line with circular principles. Besides, they will also support SMEs to identify enabling solutions and providers to change their business model into a circular one.
Moreover, designers will be showcased in C-VoUCHER Marketplace and may also become evaluators in C-VoUCHER’s open calls.
Ideal designer profile
To become a C-VoUCHER designer, the following skills are needed:
- In-depth knowledge and practical experience of service design and design thinking.
- Thorough understanding of the concept of circular economy in relation to the business model and/or process development.
- Practical experience in change management. Ability to take lead and facilitate in developing core processes by engaging stakeholders at different levels within an organisation. Capacity to structure, visualize and package knowledge to commit different target groups.
- Proven advisory and mentoring skills (i.e. consultancy experience). Practical experience of working towards SMEs and business model development.
- Awareness of relevant and available technical and digital solutions/tools to support the development of resource efficient business models considered an advantage.
- Experience from working within or towards relevant industries (Manufacturing, Agro-Food, Health, Textile, Maritime) is not a prerequisite but seen as a plus.
- Language skills: working proficiency in English, more languages an advantage.
- 3-5+ years of working experience.
Apply now to become a C-VoUCHER designer and work on the circular prosperity in Europe.