The 11 pre-finalists SMEs, the consortium partners and a panel of jurors will gather in February 5-6, 2019 in the Spanish city of Santiago de Compostela
C-VoUCHER first Circularity Open Call was successfully closed in November 30, 2018 with 333 applications started and 87 submitted. The consortium partners had a consensus meeting in January 2019 to choose the 11 pre-finalists SMEs that have been invited to a Bootcamp event in Santiago de Compostela in February 5-6, 2019. The final 6 winner SMEs will be selected and announced there after a pitching session in front of a jury.
The purpose of the Bootcamp is to learn more about the 11 pre-finalists and to select the final beneficiaries. The first day, the SMEs will focus on their circular transformation through coaching sessions with the consortium partners and industrial designers. They will also be taught how to pitch and present their projects before the panel of judges, who will select the final 6 SMEs moving forward on C-VoUCHER journey.
The second day, the SMEs will pitch in front of a panel of external jurors who will be listening to their pitches and scoring their presentations. The people invited to the panel will be representing various backgrounds and they will be all experienced professionals coming from the investors’ ecosystem and/or having knowledge about the business modeling and value chains creation. Each of the pre-finalists will have 5 minutes to pitch and 3 minutes for a Q&A session with the jurors.
Right after the pitching session the names of the 6 winners will be announced, and they will enter a circular economy acceleration program with dedicated designer-in-residence services, €60k in vouchers and support in learning about further funding opportunities.
The 11 pre-finalists
The 11 pre-finalists who were selected after C-VoUCHER consensus meeting out of the 87 submitted proposals and that have been invited to the Bootcamp event in Santiago de Compostela are:
- Katty Fashion SRL – Romania, Textile. Textile waste reduction.
- CocoPallet International BV – The Netherlands, Manufacturing. Coconut pallets.
- Kinethic Bikes – Spain, Manufacturing. Bike frame from PET bottles.
- Commown – France, Manufacturing. HaaS.
- Nordphos – Denmark, Agro-Food and Manufacturing. Membrane for water treatment.
- ImseVimse AB – Sweden, Textile and Health. Reusable women and baby products.
- Nexedi SA – France, Manufacturing. NayuBook laptop.
- Le Pavé Parisien – France, Manufacturing. Wireless speakers in concrete.
- Pyxo SAS – France, Agro-Food. Disposable packaging.
- Bio Stopanstvo Lopyanko Ltd – Bulgaria, Agro-Food. Organic silk
- CargoBeacon AB – Sweden, Manufacturing and Agro-Food. Track and trace platform.