The major challenge within the circular economy approach is answering the question: how to make the operations more resource-efficient. C-VoUCHER’s Circularity Value Replication Programme is a 3-month programme aimed at SMEs willing to adopt or get inspired by the Circularity Solutions already developed within C-VoUCHER’s project or by the Circular Economy Building Blocks.
The First Open Call for Adopters, was launched on the 1st of August and closed the 31st of October, 2019. SMEs from Manufacturing, Blue Growth, Health, Textile and Agri-Food sectors, aiming to define new business models (create feasibility plan) based on a circular economy approach were encouraged to apply.
As a result, from the 120 applications that were submitted, 18 SMEs have been selected and invited to the Circularity Value Replication Programme that offers a fixed amount of €15,000 equity-free for a Circular business case creation, access to the support of a Designer-in-Residence to create and define their road map to incorporate the Circularity Solution in their processes (Feasibility Plan) and coaching sessions with funding experts to identify additional private and public funding sources for their projects.
Here’s a list of the winners that joined the programme:
- Abomey Labs, France; shea lifecycle optimisation project.
- Aguardio ApS, Denmark; subscription model for intelligent showering.
- The Loop Factory AB, Sweden; creating new value chains for circular textiles.
- Redrose Developments Ltd, Ireland; seaweed our saviour carbon reduction.
- BC materials cvba, Belgium; urban mine-craft: Prefab earth blocks from urban mining.
- Brannatura ApS, Denmark; conversion of milling industry waste to nutritious beverages.
- Ziito ApA, Denmark; industrial furniture design.
- GRAFREN AB, Sweden; chemical waste to wealth transformation with circular FILTRENE solution.
- Krill Design srl, Italy; organic circle.
- Vegea srl, Italy; coffee textile.
- Ingeniería y Control MERASYS S.L., Spain; agricultural growth.
- Dowmann Ltd, Ireland; direct membrane filtration of green waste liquid effluent.
- RTFACT Brands SAS, France; cork fabric accessories design.
- SC TAILOR STUDIO SRL, Romania; made-to-measure clothing design.
- Transylvania Brew SRL, Romania; cider apple pomace and apple lees waste reduction.
- Hollbium, Sweden; circular nutrients.
- PRODUITS BERGER, France; Maison Berger Paris circular vision.
- Made by us, Denmark; Made by Us circular project; sensory toys production.
The C-VoUCHER consortium is led by FundingBox Accelerator and is composed of 13 partners from 6 European countries (Denmark, Romania, France, Poland, Spain, and Sweden). It is the first pan-European initiative, funded by the European Commission, aiming at the adoption of the concept of the Circular Economy to transform linear value chains (cradle to waste) towards circular models (cradle to cradle®).
The project is distributing a total of €4.2m to SMEs through 4 open calls under two programmes: Circularity Programme and Circularity Value Replication Programme.
Overall, 42 adopter SMEs, for now, 18, and the rest during the second open call planned for summer 2020, will be selected for the Circularity Value Replication Programme.